Reservations, Pick-Ups and Cancellations
- QWhen should I schedule a pick up reservation?
- AIt is recommended you book a car pickup 24 hours in advance. However, we can often provide unscheduled pickups. Please call us at (212) 923-1111 or check online for same-day availability.
- QI need to cancel a reservation, how much notice do you need?
- ACustomers should cancel their reservations at least 2 hours in advance for Manhattan pick-ups; and 3 hours for pick-ups outside Manhattan. Cancellations made after the requested timeframes are subject to fees.
- QWhat if I need to change my reservation at the last minute?
- AWe will try to accommodate last minute changes to the best of our ability. Call us as soon as possible at (212) 923-1111 and we will try our best to provide adjustments for you.
- QFor airport pickups, should I reserve a car in advance or should I call once I land? How long will it take to pick me up?
- ATo ensure availability, we recommend you book a car in advance. However, we can often provide unscheduled airport pickups. As soon as you land, give us a call to confirm availability. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes for the driver to pull up to your terminal.
- QWhat should I do once I land?
- AAfter you retrieve your luggage, call us with your confirmation number at (212) 923-1111 and we will provide you directions to find your car. The driver will pick you up within minutes at a designated curbside meeting point located right outside your baggage claim.
Payment, Fees, and Gratuity
- QHow can I pay for my trip?
- AWe accept cash, all major credit cards, including American Express. You can reserve and pay for your reservation online using this website or our mobile app. You can also pre-pay at our headquarters by visiting us from Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM and speaking with our customer service representatives.
- QWho is responsible for toll charges incurred during my trip?
- APassengers are responsible for all toll charges incurred throughout the trip. Upon arrival at your destination, your driver will inform you of the additional toll charge. The fare quoted by a reservationist or on our website does not include the toll amount.
- QDoes the fare include tolls and tips?
- ANo. The fare does not include tolls, tip, waiting time or additional stops.
- QHow much are the toll charges?
- AThe following are approximate toll amounts from Manhattan to JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark airports.
- To and from JFK Airport: $8.50
- To and from LaGuardia Airport: $8.50
- To and from Newark Airport: $15 to $23
- QParking Fees. When do they apply?
- AParking fee is for airport pickups, when the driver parks his vehicle and “meets & greets” the passenger.If you want to avoid this fee, request an outside pickup.
- QHow much should I tip?
- AIt is customary to tip a driver 15%-20%. The fare quoted by a reservationist or listed on our website does not include the tip amount.
- QHow much do you charge for waiting time?
- AWaiting time charges may be incurred if a passenger arrives late to a pick-up, waiting at additional stops and after the complimentary waiting time expires on a round-trip. Waiting time is based on the hourly rate for a particular vehicle and is charged at 15-minute increments. We do not charge waiting time for curbside pick-ups at the airport. We charge waiting time for meet & greet service at the airport.
Security, Special Needs, & Lost Items
- QMust I wear a seat belt?
- AUnder New York State laws, yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles and their passengers, are exempt from laws regarding car seats and seatbelts. However, we strongly encourage all passengers to buckle up while traveling with us.
- QMust my child be in a child safety/booster seat?
- AUnder New York State laws, yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles and their passengers, are exempt from laws regarding car seats and seatbelts. However, we encourage passengers with children to bring their own car seats, which the drivers must allow passengers to install. Children under the age of seven are permitted to sit on an adult’s lap.
- QDoes Riverside Car & Limo Service provide handicap accessible vehicles?
- AYes. You may reserve an unmarked, handicapped accessible vehicle by calling us at (212) 923-1111.
- QWhat is your pet policy?
- AService dogs, regular dogs, cats and any other small pets are allowed to ride in our cars. With the exception of service dogs, any animal over 25 lbs. must ride in a minivan or van. When booking a reservation, please be sure to tell one of our agents that you will be traveling with a pet; or indicate it within your online reservation. Please note that if you fail to notify that you are traveling with a pet, the driver reserves the right to refuse to transport the pet.
- QHow old must my child be to travel alone?
- AChildren must be at least 16 years of age to travel alone.
- QIf I left a personal item in the car, how can I get it back?
- AIf you think you have left an item in one of our vehicles, you may report the lost item by contacting our customer service department at (212) 923-1111 or by filling out our Lost & Found Form online. An agent will get back to you regarding the status of your property. If your item has been found, you may retrieve it at our office located at 1642 St. Nicholas Ave., New York, NY 10040. Riverside Car & Limo is not liable for lost items left behind in any vehicle by a passenger.
- QHow can I apply for a corporate account?
- ATo apply for a corporate account, please contact our Corporate Sales manager at (212) 927-3589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out an online form so we can contact you. To find out more about corporate accounts,CLICK HERE.